Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tha Carter III

I'm not even sure where to begin. I'm normally not that impressed with albums after the first listen, but this is fucking incredible. I haven't been this happy since Nirvana's "Nevermind", Rage Against the Machine's STA, The Knife's "Deep Cuts" or Guns N Roses "Appetite for Destruction". The track Mr. Carter(Feat Jay-Z) is a clear high-point to me, since they're my two favorite rappers. It's like mixing Ice Cream with Angelina Jolie and a mid-nineties Jim Carrey. There is simply nothing that could go wrong. Weezy is a bad ass, he should start hanging out with Tiger Woods. They could just sit around all day, talking about how much it has to suck just being a little bit talented. Oh, and don't miss the interview in this month's I-D, it's hilarious.

"To him, I'm a killer. To her, I'm a lover. I always wear a mask and I always wear a rubber." Workin' em (Dedication II)


Not only does it have the essential club-thrashers(Lollipop, Got Money(feat T.Pain), it has what most hip-hop lacks: Humour. It's actually fun to listen to, you don't feel like an evil white person after un-plugging your headphones. And I'm not even white to begin with. Some of it is pure comedy, I sometimes find myself just smiling randomly on the bus, like a fucking crazy person. To all of my friends, let me know if you want me to send you the album. It doesn't matter if you're normally into N.W.A, Run DMC, T.I, Rick Ross or Dolly Parton. You N-E-E-D it, okay?

"She drinks vitamin-water, says it's good for her health. She can wrap my whole dick around her waist like a belt." Walk it off (Dedication II)

Anyways, 5/5, 10/10, 100/100, you take your pick. My only conclusion after listening to this album is going to have to be: Fuck photography, how much is a one-way ticket to New Orleans?


To switch subject, kind of: Check out Young Buck, T.I & Ludacris - Stomp(Ratatat Remix). grrrreat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

älskar att vi delar kärleken! got money är bäst so far!!!

Anonymous said...

May I have that remix?

Anonymous said...

yeah, but I can't be bothered with uploading it now. let's do a music swap in paris, anyways