Saturday, February 16, 2008

My parents lied to me.

Alright, guys. Basically, our parents are full of shit. I've been meticously studying an awesome website that lists a bunch of common misconceptions. I'm not going to paste the sources because I can't be bothered. Trust me, they're there. Here are a few:

- According to the academy of eye doctors, it does NOT hurt your eyes to read in the dark. They say: "To read in the dark hurts your eyes about as much as it hurts your camera to take a picture when there's little light." word.

-Chocolate doesn't give you pimples. Break-ups just got less of an aesthetic health-risk. At least for girls.

-There's nothing in the bible(except for the number of gifts) that indicates that the three wise men were actually three. They could just as well have been 400 jewish guys who all gave 10 cents each. Not ok? Sorry.

-Charles Lindbergh was not the first person to fly over the atlantic. He was also not the first person to kidnap their own children. He's definitely up there on the first point, though.

-Marijuana and Hasch does not damage your braincells. They simply arrange a non-working situation for you.

-Holland is not a real country. I actually didn't know that.

-Magellan was not the first person to complete a sail around the world. Magellan actually died close to the phillipines. HAHA, that's hilarious. These were his last words: "Guys, you have all been very brave on this legendary endeavor. When I die, I want to you make sure that I get ALL the credit for what we've done. All of it."

-The risk of getting a cramp while swimming is not higher because of the fact that you've just eaten. That's just something fat people say because getting up is a project.

Also, I've read about something fascinating. Apparently, the americans didn't have to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Japan wanted to surrender earlier, but only if they could keep their emperor. The americans were opposed to this(they got to keep the emperor in the end, anyways) and probably wanted to "test" the weapon. Since Japan was severly weakened, it would have been sufficient to detonate the bomb on a desert island, thus showing the magnitude of damage that it would cause. Instead, "why not freak out the russians and also test our neat new product"? Exhibit A being the fact that both bombs were not identical. The first one was made from uranium and the second one from plutonium.

"Dad, I want to go to school but this guy won't let me"
"Really? Him and what army?"
"The U.S Army"
"Oh, that's a good army"

It truly is. It truly is.

p.s Sri Lanka has the worlds highest ratio of suicides. That's why I allowed myself to be bought. Actually, that's not true. I also wanted to see ZZ Top in concert.

No comments: