Sunday, August 24, 2008

Life is all about choices.

I simply can not hold this argument in any longer. We are presented with certain battles in life, such as fat vs non-fat, partner vs single, black vs white or Michael Moore vs everyone else. But let's face it, none of these things really matter. There are certain battles within us that need be prioritized. Battles that, if not properly dealt with, will eventually tear our body in two. I came across such a battle yesterday, and it hit me like a brick in the face. I'm still somewhat shaky, but I need to make a decision. I'm talking, of course, about what I prefer: The O.C or Gossip Girl.

First things first: The main couples. Not only are Serena/Dan similar to Ryan/Marissa in the sense that they are in a kind of Yin-Yang relationship, they also provide the necessary drama. By "necessary", I mean the relationships that one actually gives a shit about. Blair & Chuck's relationship is less relevant than the olympics. Now, not only are Ryan and Marissa initially further apart(Dan's dad is a rockstar/gallery owner who lives in a huge loft in Williamsburg, seriously), their drama is way more intriguing. And even though I prefer both Serena over Marissa and Dan over Ryan, that round has to go to The O.C. Oh, and Anna Stern might be the coziest girl in the world, ever. My need for making her my girlfriend is only halted for two reasons. 1. She would never do me. 2. She isn't real. If you disregard those two minor indiscretions, we should have our first child when I'm financially stable. Actually, that last bit could probably count as reason number three. That being said, Chuck Bass is the man. Gossip girl wins that one. But if you consider the various factors that make up a good show like this, (plot, girls, guys, drama, love etc) there aren't many shows that can beat the O.C season 1. While anxiously awaiting GG season two, I'm watching the O.C season 1 all over again. I know, I should get a day job. Wait, or maybe I won't.

I'm trying out a new concept of shooting a story this week, I'll be sure to let you know how that goes. And I'll be posting some New York pictures later during the week. Say, Thursday?


// R

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANNA!!!!!!! ååh. haru sett dirty sexy money? hon är med där och pratar på exakt samma sätt!! förvisso är hon värsta paris hilton-braten men så jääävla loveable!!!!

Anonymous said...

funderade seriost po att borja se den serien bara for att hon ar med

Anonymous said...

ja gor det!! det ar vart. hon ar med asmycket, och inte sadar lite som i o.c

Anonymous said...

i saw anna at sunset junction throwing darts into balloons to win stuffed animals